How To Choose a New Game Console
Getting hooked into video gaming can pose a number of challenges.
For one, you need to be familiar with the available game consoles in the market. Your choices are overwhelming. Why? They are all great, entertaining, and certainly - addicting. And if you are buying a new game console now, what you are looking at actually belongs to the seventh generation of console gaming.
Also, video gaming is quite an expensive hobby to pursue. In fact, recent releases on all systems are known to be priced at least $250. Additional controllers alone are typically valued at $25. So, obviously, you need to spend your money wisely.
Here are some guidelines on you can properly choose the newest addition to your collection:
* Newest versions. The video gaming market recently welcomed three hot tickets, namely: the Xbox 360, the Nintendo Wii, and the Play Station 3. Each is as fascinating and interesting as the other. If you decide to eye any of these three new releases, you can be assured that your choice is never going to be wrong.
* Price points. How much are you willing to spend for your new game console? Play Station 3 is the most expensive among the three. You should be ready to set aside at least $500. Next is Xbox 360. Your budget should be between $300 and $400. Even though you can get a Nintendo Wii at $250, it is not at all a bargain.
* Game features. If you are going to let other people to play with your new game console, you have to consider the actual level of violence that it showcases. This becomes highly or doubly important when you expect children to access it, too. If you are looking for a family-friendly game console, Nintendo Wii is your best choice. Play Station 3 comes next and then, the Xbox 360.
* Kinesthetic components. Do you see yourself as "an active" game console player? Do you really enjoy the "physical experience" embedded in your video game? Then, go for Nintendo Wii. It can inarguably give you the thrill while playing it. It requires you to move a lot, allowing you to experience a totally unique gaming setup. On the other hand, Play Station 3 gives you two options: to find excitement using the eye toy accessories or to go crazy over the dance pads. Meanwhile, Xbox 360 permits you to control your video game with a steering wheel-type device.
* Game options. Do you prefer role-playing games? Then, Play Station 3 is suitable for you. What about those fun and engaging party games? If you dig them, look for Nintendo Wii. Do you have the kicks for on-line games? Well, Xbox 360 is definitely not going to disappoint you.
* Additional accessories. Think about the appropriate add-ons to your new game console. If you want to save time and effort, you should be able to determine those items before you make your purchase. Do you want a second hard drive? What about a DVD player to go along with your Xbox 360? Do you need to avail of an on-line subscription?
Hurry to your nearby local electronics outlet once you have made your big choice! Bear in mind that those new releases sell like hotcakes. Make your decision now.